Taking place next weekend in the Blue Mountains is the 4th annual Australian Bushfire Building Conference and Community Forum. With the Blue Mountains being one of the most bushfire vulnerable residential areas in NSW (source), and the recent South Coast fires reminding us how quickly bushfires can escalate, the conference is an essential event for those professionals living and building in bushfire prone areas.
“Everyone from builders to the Rural Fire Service, architects and planners will be there to discuss current issues, innovations and future trends in bushfire building safety, and this dialogue informs future regulations,” – Bernard Fehon, CEO of Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise
Bushfire Conference Highlights
The building conference and community forum will take place over 3 days (September 6 to September 8) at various locations in the Blue Mountains. View the full program and be sure to catch the following highlights.
- Analysis by Dr Chris Dicus of the 2017 California fires that destroyed nearly 10,000 structures
- Analysis of the 2018 Tathra bushfire and a detailed look at a BAL 29 home that survived the fire – (CSIRO research presented by the NSW Rural Fire Service)
- Info sessions on updates to Planning For Bushfire Protection, AS3959 and NCC19
- Expert panel session with Q&A
- Industry Expo with leading suppliers of bushfire building solutions
There’s still time to get involved, so Register now
AK Buckley Building is a local Shoalhaven builder with over 15 years of experience. Contact us to get your next building project started.